Mommy Addicts
Welcome Everyone... I am working on settings..
So please bare with me..
Mommy Addicts
Welcome Everyone... I am working on settings..
So please bare with me..
Mommy Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for mommies to come in and escape from everyday life. Chat with other moms, share tag offers and more

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Mommy Addicts.. All Members should now be able to post external links. If you are still having problems please message me ASAP so I can get this issue fixed for you.. thanks

Lemonade Layer Cake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
armyknightslady
Admin
Admin
armyknightslady

Aries

Love : 2
Birthday : 1979-04-13

Lemonade Layer Cake Empty
PostSubject: Lemonade Layer Cake   Lemonade Layer Cake EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Lemonade Layer Cake

Active Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
Yield: 12 servings
This cake is lemony inside and out. The combination of frozen lemonade concentrate and fresh lemon zest give this cake a zingy flavor.
RECIPE INGREDIENTS
For the Cake:
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
For the Frosting:
Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese room temperature
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar sifted
2 teaspoons minced lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon oil

Lemon zest for garnish

You May Also Like
Pumpkin Bourbon Cheesecake
See More Similar Recipes » DIRECTIONS
FOR THE CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 9-inch-square nonstick cake pans with 2-inch-high sides line bottoms with parchment paper butter paper. Sift flour baking powder and salt into medium bowl set aside. Using an electric stand mixer and paddle attachment beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar scraping down sides of bowl occasionally and beating until light. Beat in lemonade concentrate zest and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time scraping down sides occasionally. Continue to beat until mixture is smooth. On low speed beat in dry ingredients alternately with milk in 3 batches beginning and ending with dry ingredients until just blended. Divide batter equally between prepared pans.

Bake cakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean about 25 minutes. Cool cakes in pans on racks.

FOR THE FROSTING:
Using electric stand mixer and whisk attachment beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in zest vanilla and lemon oil until mixture is smooth and fluffy about 4 minutes.

TO ASSEMBLE:
Turn cakes out onto work surface. Peel off parchment paper. Place one cake layer flat side upon platter. Spread with 1 cup frosting. Top with second cake layer flat side down. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.

DO-AHEAD TIP:
Cake can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with cake dome refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving.

OPTIONAL GARNISH:
Peel off long strips of lemon zest using zester. Sprinkle zest around edges of cake.

Recipe created exclusively for Cooking.com by Dede Wilson.
Back to top Go down
http://armyknightslady.blogspot.com/p/want-more.html

Lemonade Layer Cake
Page 1 of 1