Mommy Addicts
Welcome Everyone... I am working on settings..
So please bare with me..

A place for mommies to come in and escape from everyday life. Chat with other moms, share tag offers and more

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Mommy Addicts.. All Members should now be able to post external links. If you are still having problems please message me ASAP so I can get this issue fixed for you.. thanks

Share | 

EASTER PEEP CAKE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
armyknightslady
Admin
Admin

Aries

Love : 2
Birthday : 1979-04-13

PostSubject: EASTER PEEP CAKE    Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:35 pm

EASTER PEEP CAKE Makes 14 servings.

This cake looks like one giant yellow chicken peep when made. The big bowl cake is the body of the chick peep and the small bowl cake is the head of the chick peep.

FOR THE CAKE---
Flour
2 boxes yellow cake mix
Unsalted butter
FOR THE FROSTING & DECORATIONS---
2 small chocolate disks melting wafers
1 tsp yellow food coloring
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
Yellow sanding sugar
1/4 tsp almond extract
3 large egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

Butter & flour a 9x13" cake pan plus a 1 quart & 2 1/2 quart ovenproof bowl. Make both cake mixes divide batter among pan & bowls. Bake at 350° until done 35 min. Let cakes cool 15 min. In pan & bowls then unmold onto racks to cool completely. Trim flat sides of the bowl cakes to make level cut 4 corners off rectangular cake set aside 3 of the cake triangles for the tail and beak. Put flat cake on a Platte ruse toothpicks to attach 2 cake triangles to a short end for the tail. Position large bowl cake on flat cake then top with small bowl cake insert a skewer through the cakes to secure. Trim another cake triangle to make a beak attach to small bowl cake with toothpicks.
-MAKE FROSTING---Heat sugar with cream of tartar salt & 2/3 cup water in a saucepan stirring until dissolved. Beat egg whites until frothy. Beat in hot sugar mixture beat until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla & almond extracts & food coloring. Cover cake with a thick layer of yellow frosting using frosting to sculpt a rounded chick shape use some frosting to extend the beak and tail. Coat cake with yellow sanding sugar. Refrigerate uncovered 15 min. Press chocolate disks into frosting for eyes. Remove skewer & toothpicks as you cut the cakethen SERVE...

Back to top Go down
http://armyknightslady.blogspot.com/p/want-more.html

EASTER PEEP CAKE
Page 1 of 1